Notice of Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults Policy
Bowls Dorset accepts its legal and moral obligation to exercise its duty of care and to protect all children and vulnerable adults participating in its activities, and to safeguard their welfare.
We are committed to do this by acknowledging that:
- The welfare of the individual is paramount;
- Each individual irrespective of age, gender, religion, race or disability has the right to protection from abuse;
- Each individual has the right to be safe and treated with respect and dignity.
We shall use our best endeavours to ensure that;
- All allegations of abuse are taken seriously;
- The response to them is swift and appropriate;
- The effectiveness of our policy is reviewed annually;
- A responsible person shall be appointed annually as Child and Vulnerable Adult Protection Officer to whom members can address concerns;
Our Child and Vulnerable Adult Protection Officer is;
The operation of this policy complies with the recommendations and rules set down in the relevant national documents on Children and Vulnerable Adult Protection and in particular, guidance from Bowls England.
Whilst Bowls Dorset acknowledge the responsibility of the Association in regards to this policy we stress that it is a Legal Requirement of Bowls England that individual clubs have in place a Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults Policy and appoint a Child and Vulnerable Adult Protection Officer who will be required to be cleared by the Criminal Records Bureaux (CRB). (Bowls England Regulation No 7).