CONDITIONS OF PLAY
1. Please refer to the Formats Summary.
2. Please refer to the Dress Code (Bowls Dorset Regulation 10).
3. Unless mutually agreed, rounds are to start no earlier than 6pm weekdays or 10am weekends (Bowls England Regulation 50.1.2 also applies). This shall not apply to the Ladies 2 Wood Singles and Cobern Trophy, where multiple rounds are played on single days. Quarter/Semi Finals will commence PROMPTLY at 10.00am unless otherwise indicated or advised.
4. Unless present, the relevant Competition Secretary must be informed of the result by 10pm on the day of play in the manner indicated on the draw sheet. Signed scorecards are to retained by the Winner for checking if required.
5. In Ladies Championships and Competitions, the relevant Competition Secretary must be informed of any substitution before play. Bowls England Regulation 50.4 also applies.
Final Stage Re-Draws
6. A re-draw will take place between EAST and WEST Quarter Finalists for the
– Men’s 2 Wood Singles, 4 Wood Singles, Pairs, Triples and Fours
– Ladies 2 Wood Singles, 4 Wood Singles, Pairs, Triples and Benevolent Triples.
There will be no re-draws for Semi Finals.
7. There will be no re-draws for the remaining Championships and Competitions.
8. Draws will take place 15 minutes before the appointed start time, whether or not all Competitors are present.
9. Draws will be completed by the County Competition Secretary (or representative) and the Appointed Umpire, who will also make the draws for rink allocations.
10. Finals of the 2 Bowl Singles, 4 Bowl Singles, Pairs, Triples, Fours, Senior Fours, Under 25 Singles and Under 25 Pairs will be played within the Championships Finals Weekend at Dorchester BC on Saturday/Sunday 23/24 July at times to be advised.
11. If Bowls Dorset reaches the Johns Trophy and/or Middleton Cup Quarter Final (Saturday 23 July), the Championships Finals Weekend programme will be arranged to accommodate team members, which may include playing one or more finals before or after the stated weekend. Such re-arrangement may also be required in the event of weather preventing play.
12. At the Championships Finals Weekend, players who have qualified in more than one discipline may be required to play in more than one session during a day, as they may also be at the National Finals.
13. Finals of the Mixed County Fours and
– Men’s Champion of Champions, Secretaries Cup, U16 Singles, Percy Baker and County Cup
– Ladies Cobern Trophy, LUST, U16 Singles, Benevolent Triples, Edna Paisley and June Culpin
will be played within the Competitions Finals Weekend at Blandford BC on Saturday/Sunday 17/18 September at times to be advised.
14. Both Championships and Competitions Finals Weekends will be combined Ladies and Men.
15. The Winners of the 2 Bowl Singles, 4 Bowl Singles, Pairs, Triples, Fours, Senior Fours, Under 25 Singles and Under 25 Pairs will represent Bowls Dorset at the Bowls England National Championships to be held at Leamington during August/September 2022. Bowls Dorset may be awarded a second qualifier place in one or more disciplines at such Championships. In such event, a draw will take place after the relevant Bowls Dorset final for A and B registration for the discipline.
16. Players should please note that when playing at Leamington, they will be representing Bowls Dorset and as such MUST WEAR BOWLS DORSET APPROVED COUNTY SHIRTS.
Laws and Regulations
17. Bowls Dorset Regulations, Bowls England Regulations and the Laws of the Sport apply.